Process of Ns3 simulation:
- Simulation schedules events to occur at specific times for example schedule the receipt of this packet after some delay.
- Simulation is over when event queue is empty, or at a scheduled stop event at user specified time.
- Simulation time moves discretely from event to event.
- Simulator::Run() method starts processing events from the queue one by one.
- Events invoke a function, implemented using callbacks etc.
Random variable in ns3:
From many type of distributions, it supports pseudo random number. It’s as follows,
- Users can also specify any arbitrary cumulative distribution function.
- RandomWalk2dMobilityModel, OnOffApplication models also use this generators.
Network Simulation Examples as follows,
UniformVariable x(0, 100);
Ns–3 random number generators (RNGs) produced guaranteed independent streams of values.