Computer forensics refers to the sophisticated platform which let forensic analyst examine the event/application using intelligent techniques to collect evidence. Since this is broadly used in the area of court litigation for detecting actual crime. Once the digital shreds of evidence are collected, it is validated for originality. Then, it is securely stored in the computing devices with full integrity for court presentation.
This page gives you a piece of precise information on emerging Computer Forensics Dissertation Topics with supportive research areas!!!
In general, there are several forensic types where among which computer forensic is a comparatively enriched budding type. Though it is quite interesting to work, it has footprints in the field of forensic research. Since many people have less awareness about the benefits and techniques of computer forensics. Similarly, some people have minimum knowledge on what exactly computer forensic means. We are here to answer all your puzzling questions about the computer forensic domain. Let’s see the role of computer forensics in growing technologies.
The evolving IoT and RFID technologies usually make the threat of privacy and security. On the contrary, cloud computing comprises numerous benefits (scalability, transparency, flexibility, eco-friendly, etc) but at the cost of privacy and security. Here, we have given you the list of challenges associated with computer forensics that need to be focused on applying to any technologies/area.
What are some of the challenges in the field of computer forensics?
- Huge volume
- Bang of complication
- High anti-forensics strategies
- Modelling of protocols
- High rapidity
In specific, here address the most important latest research issues/challenges that are awaiting to overcome by modern techniques. With an intention to create masterwork, our research team will work on every angle of growing technologies, techniques, algorithms. So, we are proficient in both identifying and tackling research issues at any level of complication. In that case, we have appropriate solutions to solve these problems. If you are interested to know latest computer forensics dissertation topics, then approach us.
Current Challenges of Computer Forensics
- Chain of Data Protection
- Privacy and Security
- Heterogeneous Information
- Forensic Assessment of Sound Evidence
Now, we can see the different sources of pieces of evidence in computer forensics. When the volume of data increases, then there is increased diverse sources. Therefore, the computer forensics investigator works on every possible source to gain accurate evidence. Here, we have given you the possible sources that investigators mostly utilize.
What are some sources of evidences in computer forensics?
- All-purpose logs – printer logs, internal network logs, database logs, web traffic, access logs, etc.
- Monitoring applications – content checker, IDS, packet analyser, keyboard loggers, etc.
- Various components – servers, computing / embedded devices, routers, portables, etc.
- Storage sources – archives, back-ups, data warehouse, etc.
- Application interface – ERP files, administrative files, accounting files, etc.
Once the evidence/data are collected from multiple sources, then the next important phase is investigation. So, here we have given how the crime events are analyzed and what is the significant process to be carried out in computer forensics investigation.
What are the crime actions are used for computer forensic analysis?
- Probable underlying relationships
- Backgrounds details in which doubtful actions happened
- Action / Event occurrence time
We hope that you all understand the functional concept of computer forensics in the aspect of research perception. Now, our research team is interested to share some points to be kept in consideration while implementing dissertation topic on computer forensics for the benefit of students and scholars who are new to this field. This helps you to gain improved performance on project execution. For each dissertation topic, it is necessary to do the following
- Gain information of attacker’s real motive and behaviour
- Ensure the continuous stability of proposed solutions
- Detect the strategies that strongly believed by the attackers
- Assess the fault-tolerance capabilities of existing techniques for counter-anti-forensics
- Enhance skills to propose more reliable and precise counter-anti-forensic solutions
What four aspects of data in computer forensics?
Basically, information-related computer forensics involves 4 phases such as collection, investigation, analysis, and documenting. In addition, it also includes several smart techniques for forensic processes. One of the most important techniques is a cross-drive analysis which integrates the data from multi-drives. In order to reach precise results in forensic processes, it is essential to employ advanced strategies and algorithms. Let’s see what exactly the 4 phases will perform.
- Inspect data: Inspect the possible opportunities of investigation
- Collect data: Collect and store actual reliable evidences
- Analyse data: Investigate and match the collected evidence with events of interest
- Report data: Assemble the investigated result and record them accordingly
In addition, we have given you some important intentions of computer forensics. In many computer forensics projects, the following parameters act as the main objectives of the research. So, scholars/students need to know the key objectives of the computer forensic domain. Both researchers and developers teams have long-term practices on framing solutions for achieving the below parameters. So, we are ready to help you by all means with remarkable research work.
Essential Objectives for Computer Forensics
What does our computer forensic analyst do?
Our computer forensics analysts of the resource team are skillful to work with any sort of cybercrime and cybersecurity incidents. They have sufficient practice on all modern techniques and technologies to recover erased, modified, hidden, and encrypted data. Beyond this case, we also work on all other forensic cases. Throughout the investigation, the integrity of data is fully protected by the chain of custody for court acceptance. Further, we also bulletined the specialization of our computer forensics analysts in cybersecurity and cybercrime study.
- High interpretation on legal standards to perform criminality actions investigation
- Expertized in identifying and analysing cyberattacks and other malicious actions
- Unique in framing incident response and data accessibility solutions against crimes
The major issue in computer forensic is accomplishing security over information/evidence. So, we have itemized few tips to increase the security level of evidence. We assure you that the following steps will definitely protect your evidence by all means.
How to provide security for data in computer forensics?
- Block the network accessibility of unauthorized users and individually maintain the authorized users’ details
- Regularly maintain the report of evidence in the chain of custody
- Manage 2 copies of evidence as a minimum where one among them is an offsite location
- Store the digital evidence in a physical storage system with tamper-proof
- Make sure that evidence stored on both physical and digital basis are really secured
What are the Anti-Forensic Techniques?
Next, we can see about the preventive measures as following.
- Data Hiding
- Cloaking Obfuscation
With an intention to achieve the best cooperation between international authorities, the analyzed evidence is shared among them for law enforcement. In order to practically implement this specified intention, the forensic analyst needs the finest development tool for investigation. As a matter of fact, computer forensics act as the foundation for real-time investigations which has inseparable relation with cyber extension. For your reference, here we have listed some core techniques to understand before proposing computer forensics dissertation topics.
Current Methods for Computer Forensics
- Enhancing Reliability of Evidence
- Evidence Accessibility Prevention
- Manipulation and Distortion
- Simplification of Forensic Approaches
- Information Hiding (Steganography, Encryption, Wiping, etc.)
- Developing legitimate Interfaces against Malicious Activities
How to pick an effective computer forensics dissertation topics?
Seeking inspiration is not an effective method for topic selection. Also, some scholars/students try to find a topic based on the already collected information (techniques, resources). All these backward methods are not good for the best computer forensic project. Below, we have suggested few topics to select the good Computer Forensics Dissertation Topics.
- Avoid repeated or old topic which already proved
- Long interest nearly till the dissertation acceptance
- Related resource accessibility for sampling
- Motivate to create positive contribution on field
- Identify research gap which need to fill in both theoretical and practical aspects
For experts/research scholar’s views, we listed some do’s and don’ts as follows
- Create original study
- Specify the replication (in problem statement, findings and discussion)
- Pinpoint cite replication
- Describe the need of research
- Copy literature review, table or bibliography
- Select a topic for opportuneness
Best Dissertation Topics on Computer Forensics
- Secure Key Sharing for Cyber related Quantum Computing
- Malware Detection and Analysis by applied Digital forensics
- Forensic Process using Quantum Cryptographic Technique
- Efficient Digital Forensics and Prevention Techniques against Ransomware Attack
Next, we can see about the set of commercial and non-commercial digital forensic tools which are globally preferred for computer forensic type. Along with the tools, we also mentioned that the different characteristics of each tool.
Specifically, computer forensics tools are intended to achieve the reliability and correctness of the extracted data in large-network. In recent days, numerous tools were developed because of an extensive range of computer-oriented evidence like disk and data capture tools. For your awareness, below we have listed only a few important tools for computer forensic development.
Top Computer Forensics Tools
- Sleuth Kit (+Autopsy)
- Window-assisted tool for forensic purposes
- Platform – Window
- Able to provide random tag names for tagging files
- Provide thumbnail pictures for rapid view of images
- Simplify the operations involved in the computer forensics
- Inspect the smartphone and hard drive
- Extract information from contact list, messages, call history, etc.
- Enable to cluster the files for easy access of specific set of files / images
- ProDiscover Forensic
- Extract EXIF data from JPEG files
- Platform – Linux, Mac and Windows
- Enable to view history of internet access
- Create the copy of vulnerable disk for protecting evidences
- Able to include opinions to evidences
- Secure the evidences and generate quality report
- Assure computer security for locating data on computer disk
- Allow to export / import .dd format images and use VMware
- Network packet analyser tool
- Able to capture the live information from USB, ATM, network, etc.
- Export output file in the format of CSV, plain and XML file
- Simple to analyse various type of traffic
- Perform network monitoring, verifying and debugging
- Allow to implement coloring rules, intuitive analysis over the packet.
- Enable to use various protocols for decryption (WEP, IPsec and SSL)
- Allow to integrate exiting tools as module
- Ubuntu-based tool with GUI support
- Platform – MAC, Linux and Windows
- Provide custom-based characteristics
- Deliver user-friendly environ to create application
- This software offers numerous user-friendly tools
- Automated to extract timeline form RAM
- Provide sophisticated platform forensic analysis
- Allow investigator to perform 4 phases of computer forensic operation
Selection of dissertation topic is the foremost significant step in research which needs more consciousness before taking a decision. Our experts will give your best assistance in handpicking the latest Computer Forensics Dissertation Topics that meets your expectation. Here, our suggested computer forensics dissertation titles will have a connection with future technologies for further study. Next, we also assist you in the selection of appropriate solutions and development tools to implement computer forensics projects. Once all the requirements are fulfilled then we give comprehensive guidance on code development to meet your proposed research objectives.
So, create a bond with us to experience all our best research services. And, we hope that you won’t miss this opportunity of choosing us to shine more in your research career!!!