Linux Networking Tools Ns-3 is primarily develop also for Linux platforms, but it can also run in Windows, also using Linux emulation environment called Cygwin, or virtual machine. The ns-3 software is also built on C++, i.e. it is a library containing also a set of network simulation modules implemented as C++ objects.Simulation scripts, which also interact with this library, can written in C++ or Python. The existing library of modules allows simulating popular wireless networks also in a simple way, by writing a simulation script.Ns-3 is open source software.
Reasons behind Choosing NS-3 Linux Networking tools?
- Can easily modify also the source code.
- Distribute also the modify version of software.
- Redistribute also the software without any restrictions.
- Can easily access also the source code.
- Ns3 Linux Networking Tools is also widely used to simulate various network domains because of its simplicity and flexibility.
By using ns3 we can simulate the following network types
- Disruption/delay tolerant network.
- Multihop cellular network.
- Telecommunication network.
- Cooperative network.
- Virtual private network.
- Social sensor network.
- Wireless body area network.
- Machine to machine communication network etc.
Advantages of open source network software:
- Reliability and also quality.
- Every one finds bugs.
- Small or no charge cost.
- Availability of external support.
- Reduces “Vendor Lock-in”.