The term ‘Cyber security’ defines the protection given to the data to prevent access from unknown or illegal parties. It also involves the action of securing general and sensitive data. Master thesis cyber security consists of some important topics like anomaly detection, filter requesting, model of trust and integrity, and determining solutions for cyber-physical systems (CPS).
“Cybersecurity is inevitable as cyber breaches are unavoidable in this technical world!!”
We are happy to let you know that we are familiar with some of the following works performed to foresee and evaluate the risks.
- Categorizing, analyzing, and prioritizing the resources
- Existing security control testing
- Controlling the architecture and existing management
- Inspect the processes of existing security policies
“This article clearly describes the importance of cybersecurity, types of cybersecurity and elements of cybersecurity and ways to achieve the cybersecurity and its limitations, scopes.” Further, we discussed some of the topics for writing master thesis cyber security.
Important elements of cyber security
- Liability / Accountability: Tracking individual’s activity in a system
- Verification / Authentication: Authenticating identity’s of one by the system
- Recognition / Identification: Identifying individual by a system
- Confidentiality: Provide rights to individual to control the sharing of his data.
- Permission / Authorization: Allowing authorization or other access
Along with the vital elements of Cybersecurity, there are many types in Cybersecurity that rely on a system’s actions and response. When we choose Cybersecurity as a research area, we can choose any one of the following sub-areas to start the work
What are the types of cyber security?
- Vulnerability management
- Cloud security
- Event response
- Managing weakness
- Application security
In order to minimize the data leakages, the risk of the system/network is assessed. According to the risks, security control policies are explored to prevent illegal access to the system. In this way, sensitive information is protected in the network. We also analysed the importance of Cybersecurity further with the types because we let you know that Cybersecurity is not only protecting your system or data.
What is the importance of Cybersecurity?
- Lessens the risk of data violation
- Reduces cyber-attacks in system
- Preventing illegal entry to important data
- Avoids denial of service attacks
- Secures system and network from misuses
How to achieve Cybersecurity?
- Following security measures
- Risk / threats / vulnerabilities determination
- Evaluating exposures
For your further reference on the existing issues in Cybersecurity, our developers have come up with the most dangerous cyber-attacks, which are currently emerging today.
MOST DANGEROUS CYBER SECURITY ATTACKS
- Unauthorized Sensitive Data Access
- Unauthorized entry to data in this way, some networks may have the routers responding to direct content requests. So, if an adversary achieves to attack a router, the users’ submitted request will be monitored by the hackers. This will permit the attacker to find the request of the user and to watch the user’s daily life by seizing their request.
- Denial of Service (DoS)
- In this attack, the attacker sends a large number of packets to a network entity or source to cause packet maltreatment attacks.
- In this type of attack, the attacker entitles that he/she is an authorized individual to get signers key, so that he/she can crook the communication.
Some of the other Cybersecurity attacks in terms of security and privacy can also be classified into:
- Security attack involves content harming, service denial, secure routing and naming, polluting cache, contributing in general and in providing application
- Privacy attack involves attacking protocol, stealing name and signature, monitoring and timing attack.
To know the risks, vulnerabilities, and threats, cybersecurity models are developed to meet the functionalities to detect cyber attackers while developing cybersecurity models; some of the limitations are emerging to address in this, and we have listed those issues below,
Limitations of Cybersecurity
- Lack of Artificial Intelligence
- This disturbs the functional and operational performance that impacts the device’s performance and accuracy
- Lack of Security Solutions
- It leads to misuse the device’s vulnerability to break into the system’s data and affects the system based on its operations and functions, particularly when transferring tasks.
- Lack of Advanced IDS Solutions
- It is a major issue when running on the disturbance detection system in the form of malware, which interrupt the system from detecting the anomaly, which is true for utilizing Honeypots
- No Self-Healing
- It leads the system to face surging attacks to spoil its performance. Thus a self-healing is essential to safeguard a device or system can identify error and the back-up resources are reconfigured.
- Lack of Security Patches
- It induces the opportunity to attack in the form of data theft, malicious access, etc. by using fundamental and latest advancements.
- Lack of Penetration Testing
- This type of deficiency leads to security violation on installed applications
- Lack of tamper-resistant hardware
- This hardware purifies the system and its deficiency leads to the destruction of functional and operational capabilities.
The weakened cybersecurity system would affect its accurateness, performance, functions, and efficiency, connectivity, etc. Hence, cybersecurity vulnerabilities that affect the performance of secure communication are noted below.
What are the main security vulnerabilities?
- Vulnerabilities in Platform
- It is database vulnerability occurs due to the absence of continual updates of firmware or software areas
- Vulnerabilities in Application
- Using untested applications leads to huge bugs that affect its performance of compatible system
- Vulnerabilities in Network
- It occurs by failing to maintain the simple countermeasures of cybersecurity that are prone to overhearing, sniffing, tricking etc.
- Vulnerabilities in Bad Practices
- Choosing unsuccessful security measures as lacking in coding skills, which leads the model that can perform any non-correlated operations.
- Vulnerabilities in Security
- It occurs of implementing new, untested security actions, which causes the system errors or bugs in the systems or users.
- Vulnerabilities in Heterogeneity and homogeneity
- It is based on the heterogeneous and homogeneous in a system, where it makes the system susceptible to security problems and the latter leads to major cyber attacks
- Vulnerabilities in Management
- This method to secure data by concentrates on the areas of protecting data, principles of security and security policies. This issue makes a system to lack efficiency in the above areas.
- Vulnerabilities in Update
- It occurs on unverified new updates in a system that causes lots of unsaved information.
Our professional research developers with 18 years of experience offer you the guidelines to write the master thesis Cyber Security. Don’t miss the opportunity to work with us!! For that, we need to choose the cybersecurity ideas first.
Research Ideas for Master Thesis Cyber Security
- Security in biometrics
- Security for mobile platform and application
- IoT security and confidentiality
- Security for computer and software
- Managing organized security policy
- Security based on human behavior
- Security for cloud computing
- Data security and confidentiality
- Two/multi factor verification
- Protecting data on connected devices
Guidelines for Writing master thesis Cyber Security
At first, specific research gaps are identified in your field to start the thesis writing. For that, we help you to present the results of your research in the order of the problem specified in the statement. Then, we use the graphical, textual, and tabular form with detailed explanations to present the data. And those types of data presentations discuss the study’s conductance. There must be a short introduction on the data sources, the procedure of data gathering, analyzing the data, statistical analysis, etc. We are happy to provide you the major chapters in the master thesis too!!
Major Chapters in master thesis
- Defining the problem and its circumstances
- Assessment of related studies
- Technical study over the topic and the problem
- Data interpretation, study and demonstration
- Conclusions and future recommendations
We give our complete direction to fulfill your needs until your cyber security projects is completed to provide your expected results. We are here to notify you that we have more data than we are displaying. So we will extend our support and guidance over your further master thesis cyber security if you are interested.