Are you guys searching for the adequate article about network simulation 3 vehicular ad hoc networks? Then, no worries you guys are at the right platform come now let’s start this article Ns3 VANET with the short description about the network simulation 3.
What is Ns3?
In general, there are several network simulation tools and Ns3 is one among that simulation tools. Ns3 is denoted as the significant network simulation tool, which is created using Python and C++ along with the proficiency of scripting. The library based on network simulation is enfolded through automatic creation of the parallel C++ binding glue in the Python.
What is VANET?
The vehicular ad hoc network is abbreviated as VANET and it is one of the subclasses of mobile ad hoc network (MANET). The process is VANET is developed through the moving vehicles. In addition, it is beneficial in the provision of instant connections among the cars along with the car and structural design of road to offer the following measures.
- Proximate lodging information
- Gas price
- Traffic information
- Internet connection
- Safe driving
VANET System Model
The process of VANET includes several sources of information to provide the practicable intelligent transportation systems environment (ITS) and that includes some resources such as,
- GPS data
- Traffic infrastructure
- CCTV cameras
- Traffic lights
- Base station (BS)
- Road side unit (RSU)
The massive number of sensors and processors are utilized to produce huge data using the above mentioned resources. Additionally, the data are generated using several resources, for instance the mobile devices are interacting with VANET.
Secure Data Dissemination in VANET
The utilization of wireless medium and high speed of vehicles along with the constraints of safety applications and they are frequently time critical to function in the wide range areas to make that susceptible to show the variations among the security threats. The Multihop broadcast nature of the dissemination process to favor in the various types of attacks.
The process of securing data dissemination includes some challenges at two significant and fundamental levels are threatened through the attacks including black holes, Sybil and jamming. The levels such as,
- Network availability
- Message authentication and integrity
The integrity and confidentiality of messages are guaranteed through the wireless access in vehicular environment (WAVE) security services that are offered using the standard IEEE1609.2 to stipulate the format of secure messages and their processing. In addition, the deployment of symmetric message encryption includes the session key establishment among two nodes based on communication.
Below, our research professionals in Ns3 vehicular ad hoc network have highlighted the significant list of implementation method based on the process of creating simulation in Ns3 VANET.
Simulation Workflow in Ns3
- Topology definition
- To simplify the process, creation of fundamental facilities and to define the interrelationships are essential for the simulation process
- Ns 3 includes the system of helpers and containers to simplify the process
- Model development
- Models are included in the simulation process and frequently it is processing without the assistance of helpers
- Point to point devices
- Node and link configuration
- The default values of models are fixed and the attribute system is not frequently used in this system
- Size of the packets are sent through the MTU of point to point link and applications
- Facilities in simulation are generating events and data that are demanded by the user when they are logged
- Performance analysis
- When the implementation process of simulation is completed and the data available
- Graphical visualization
- Processed data are collected in simulation is graphed through the utilization of tools such as
Hereby, we have highlighted the list of applications that are used to develop the research projects in Ns3 vehicular ad hoc network.
Applications of Ns3 VANET Projects
- Stringent delay constraint
- Comfort and quality of road travel
- Traffic efficiency
- Predictable mobility patterns
- Frequent disconnections
- Road traffic safety
- Dynamic topology
- Mobility modeling
IDM and Mobile Lance Change Mode in Ns3
The validate intelligent driver model (IDM) and the mobile mode of lane in Ns3 includes several steps such as,
Initially, the functions such as Model::CalculateAcceleration() and LanChange::CheckLaneChange() have to validated to produce the appropriate output with the comparison of code, model and formula based on Treiber along with the input and mobility of model settings.
Consequently, the productions of simple traffic in one lane roadway have to be compared with the position, velocity, deceleration and acceleration of vehicles in all the simulation intervals. Then, the depiction of variations among the design and logics of the step functions.
- It is to hold the vehicles and obstacle objects and that utilize the vehicle model and lane change properties to regulate the mobility
- IDM car is following the mobility model
- Mobile lane change model is also used
- No mobility in vehicles
- Mobile node includes the wireless communication device
WAVE Module in NS3 for VANET
The structural design of wireless based vehicular communication system is denoted as WAVE and that is specified through the IEEE. It is considered as one of the accessible models for WAVE within ns3. The main intension of this process is towards the MAC layer and MAC extension layer and that is defined through the IEEE1609.4 and IEEE80211P.
The inclusive structural design of vehicular communications is called as WAVE. In addition, the standards to specify WAVE includes the set of extensions based on IEEE 802.11 standards and that is established in IEEE std 802.11p-2010 and IEEE 1609 standard set for the four documents that are enlisted in the following.
- Multichannel coordination: IEEE 1609.4
- Network and transport layer services: IEEE 1609.3
- Security services: IEEE 1609.2
- Resource manager: IEEE 1609.1
The wave module in Ns3 includes both the multichannel coordination layer and MAC layer. Additionally, the main aspect of 802.11p compliant MAC layer and they permit the communication outside the context of the basic service set. The utilization in literature is functional with the acronym of OCB is outside the context of BSS and the class ns3::OcbWifiMac models this in Ns3.
WAVE is supportive for the MAC in Ns3 and MAC extension and PHY layers for the utilization of ns3::WaveHelper and WAVE NetDevice. The MAC layer model includes the utilization of classes such as,
- It is related to the ad hoc WiFiMac along with some alterations
- It is functional for the vendor functions
- It is deployed for the process of send vendor specific action frame
The research scholars have to know about the classes that used in the implementation of research projects in Ns3 VANET. The classed based on network simulation 3 vehicular ad hoc network are listed in the following,
Classes in Ns3 for VANET
- It is the class that is used to generate the routing data among nodes and that is utilizing the routingstats class to collect the statistics based on the routing data such as
- Byte counts
- Application data packets
- Routing protocol is configured and the nodes are attempts to send small packets to another node and that acts like the data sinks. In addition, all the nodes are not functioning as data sinks in the vehicular network
- In this class, sending and receiving the IEEE 1609 WAVE basic safety messages (BSMs) and the WaveBsmStats class is used to regulate the statics about the transmission and receiving process of BSMs
- BSM is the 200 byte packet and that can broadcast the every vehicle in the nominal rate about 10Hz
For your reference, our experienced research professionals have enlisted some significant research topics in network simulation 3 vehicular ad hoc network.
- On the security of lightweight conditional privacy preserving authentication in VANETs
- Reinforcement learning based sensitive semantic location privacy protection for VANETs
- Novel lightweight authentication protocol for emergency vehicle avoidance in VANETs
- Two layer distributed content caching for infotainment applications in VANETs
- VANET routing protocol simulation research based on Ns3 and SUMO
To this end, our technical experts have 20+ years of experience in this research platform so the research scholars can reach us to acquire the finest research work. In addition, our research professionals in VANET have accomplished 500+ projects in recent years. So, they are aware of all the current technologies in network simulation 3 vehicular ad hoc network. Reach and aid better quality research!!!