In general, NetSim is denoted as the packet level, full stack and end to end network emulator and simulator. The network engineers are gaining the environment which includes the technological enhancements, with network research and development, military communication and protocol modeling. Additionally, the performance and characteristics of novel devices and protocols are investigated as the virtual network within NetSim.
New Features in NetSim
Now let’s discuss all the significant and novel characteristics that are included in the process of NetSim in the following. Thus, our research experts have listed down some important points based on the features in NetSim.
- Accelerate R and D through extending existing projects
- Source code is available in GitHub repositories
- R and D projects are available with the required and detailed documentation
- Introducing workspaces in NetSim with more freedom and flexibility
- One particular license, PC and VM are capable to utilize the effective process over multiple users to whom all the independent modifications are underlying with the source code
- Users can create the group to make a project based on NetSim using the elements such as
- Source code
- Both the import and export workspaces and experiments
- Building and linking the own code is a breeze now
- Own code have to be written and simply build the NetSim process with the automation of simulation process over the code
- One click leads to open the protocol source codes
- Time consuming, complex and manual tasks are based on the development of environment, dependencies and complier
The research scholars have to know about the central functioning point in any stream of the research work. So, the following is about the highlights of core functions in the 5G library that scholar wants to acquire in this research field.
5G Library Features
- mm-Wave propagation models (Based on 3GPPTR38.900)
- Outdoor to indoor model
- Low loss model
- High loss model
- LOS state
- Non line of sight
- Line of sight
- UE position
- Indoor Office
- Open office
- Mixed office
- Urban Microcell
- Urban Macrocell
- Rural Macrocell
- PHY layer
- Physical channel is shared as the uplink and downlink
- Modulation mapping such as BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, 256QAM
- Frame structure and physical resources
- Uplink and downlink physical channel
- CQI reporting and CQI-MCS
- FR2 bands in NetSim are n257, n258, n260 and n261
- FR1 bands implemented in NetSim are those that run TDD in Duplex mode, namely n34, n38, n39, n40, n41, n50, n51, n77, n78 and n79
- Supported transmission numerologies µ = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
- RLC (Based on specification 38.322)
- Acknowledge mode
- Transparent mode
- Unacknowledged mode
- MAC layer
- Multiplexing and de-multiplexing based on MAC SDUs are deployed to create particular or several logical channels related to the transport blocks (TB) and that is deployed to delivered the physical layer process on transport channels
- Transparent MAC
- Mapping among the logical channels and transport channels
- PDCP (Based on specification: 38.323)
- Receive buffer
- t-Reordering timer
- PDCP entity
- Transmission buffer
- Discard timer
- Maintenance of PDCP sequence numbers
- PDCP Association: UE association/dissociation with gNB
- Transmit PDCP SDU
- Call RLC service primitive
- Set PDCP sequence Number
- Add RLC header
Interface with External Software
In the following, we have stated the list of interfaces that are functioning with external software in NetSim.
- Notable output is functional for the NetSim to carry out the functions of network simulation
- External interface permits the NetSim to pass the prompt the network data to another tools such as
- Software programing is functional for the computation engine and the send back the data towards NetSim
NetSim – SUMO Interfacing
VANET network based IEEE 1609 WAVE simulation is capable to achieve through the interface of NetSim with the simulation of urban mobility (SUMO) and it is the open source traffic simulation software. The users are proficient for routing protocols, features of wireless network transceivers, modeling number of vehicles, direction and velocity of movement. While processing the simulation in NetSim it is deployed to collect the data based on network to measure the performance of protocol. It is qualified to visualize communication and mobility in VANET through NetSim animator. In addition, it includes the components based on the analysis of performance such as.
- Packet delivery ratio
- Packet errors
- Packet delays
- Link utilization
- Application throughput
The implementation of WirelessHART SCADA includes all the protocol stack with both the field devices and network managers are functioning with scheduling and routing algorithms. The simulator which is particularly designed to access the WirelessHART security mechanism and it is used to examine the countermeasures and attacks. Consequently, this process includes some scenarios to test various attacks including denial of service and Sybil attacks. The novel scenarios are included to test the kinds of attacks.
The web based network simulator includes the interactive and lightweight topology generator. Generally, the simple GUI is permitting the users to generate both the isotropic and anisotropic topologies in various shapes and it provides the tools that are assistive for the manipulation of complex graphs in mobile devices and client browsers. This tool includes various domains such as.
- Biological and social media visualizations
- Medical infrastructure
- Sensor and ad hoc networks
- Computer network configuration and management
Consequently, we have enlisted the application flow of visual NetSim process in the following.
- Collect the graph input
- Conversion of graph as JS networkX structure
- Renders graph on view panel using D3.js
- Adding event handler on nodes
- Update the network structure
- Exports of network
It is package of interface among both the network and robotic simulators and the users are capable to attain the high fidelity representation in the interactions of two simulators using the simulation of perception action communication (PAC) loop. The modular channel abstraction is deployed in this ROS NetSim and that is requiring the physics simulator with the synchronization of window with network simulator and it produce the detail simulation of communication.
ROS NetSim is used to state the issues about the transparency of target application through the introduction of packet capturing mechanism based network tunnels. In addition, it permits the target of ROS code which is embedded with ROS NetSim.
Network Simulation Descriptor Model
The network simulation descriptor model is abbreviated as NSD model which is integrated as the information that is required to define, configure and implement the simulation task as the single model. In addition, NetSim is characterized through the philosophy of model orientation programming with the abstracts of novel software specifications and developments in the existing software with some chance that is already developed with the functions of software architecture.
From the current knowledge in network simulation field, we provide this article based on Ns3 wireless sensor network simulator and we have included some in depth research conversations about the interface, research topics and characteristics in the Ns3 wireless sensor network simulator. The research scholars gather all research ideas and finalized any research concept by detailed discussions with our technical experts. Therefore, you can gain wide knowledge with remarkable research solutions from us. Now, let’s have a look at the innovative research topics in Ns3 wireless sensor network simulator.
- Optimizing resource allocation for joint AI model training and task inference in edge intelligence systems
- Effects of differentiated 5G services on computational and radio resource allocation performance
- Verification of multi energy system components for renewable integration
- Simulation and analysis of IEEE 802.22 cognitive radio network
- QoS guarantee resource allocation for multi beam satellite industrial internet of things with NOMA
As a matter of fact, the research scholars can generate the thoughts on any of the above topics and precede your Ns3 wireless sensor network simulator research with our experts. Importantly, your ideas are most welcome and our research team aids you in the implementation of the idea. We provide 100% plagiarism free research proposal, paper, thesis writing and etc. So, join hands with our experts to shine better.