This article is about the depiction of calculating the delay and packet loss in MQTT protocol. It is deployed to monitor the TCP based packet transmission flow for the calculation process. Let’s take a look over the overall process of calculation.
Initially, we have highlighted the formula that is used to calculate the delay respectively,
Following that, we have to implement the MQTT based Cooja simulation through the below mentioned steps.
- Main file creation in Cooja workspace location
- Open terminal
- Changing project location through using CD command
- Execution of command “ant run”
- Selection of main file
- Click start option in control panel and acquire the following simulation results
- Delay calculation result
- Packet loss calculation results
All being well, we have come up with the most wanted processes to calculate the packet loss and delay in MQTT protocol. What else? Just begin to implement by your own and hit us if assistance required.