A Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN) is a web of physiological sensors that captures signals or data from the human body for monitoring a patient’s health state. These sensors are placed inside/outside the body and connected in a multi-hop / star structure through the wireless channel for communication. This page speaks out the innovative NS3 Wireless Body Area Network Projects in recent research areas.
A WBAN helps to create numerous applications in different fields such as healthcare, remote sensing, multimedia, medicine, etc. All these applications are getting benefited by the WBAN free drive. For instance, the patient’s health can be monitored from a remote location by implanting WBANs sensors.
These medical devices continuously record the patient’s heart rate, pulse, temperature, blood pressure, respiration, and so on. If there are some clinical risks, then the physician will take effective measures for further treatment. So, it is primarily used in all healthcare applications and services. Here, we have given you some widely used metrics in WBAN assisted applications
Major Functional Parameters of WBAN
- Frequency band
- Maximum Packet Length
- Network Layout
- Date Rate
- Coverage Area
- Channel capacity
- Privacy and Authenticity
- Network technology
- Hop Type (Communication)
- Multiple Access techniques
Though this technology has high demand in the medical field, it has few practical issues when it is applied in real-world scenarios. NS-3 is one of the best development tools for simulating WBAN solutions in the Healthcare system. Incoming section, we can see more about the NS3 simulator. Below, we have given some common challenges in NS3 Wireless Body Area Network Projects execution.
Research Issues in WBAN
- Data redundancy and criticality analysis
- Difficult to handle large volume of data
- Unpredictable data aggregator’s random motions
- Hard to attain the sensed data in high quality
- Varying compatibility requirements of storage
- Irregular heterogeneous network traffic
- Insufficient security over sensitive health information
- Restriction in resource usage (energy and power)
- Intervention in data acquisition from body sensors
- Dynamic and instability nature of the network
Our developers have years of experience in tackling all these technical hurdles in implanting WBAN. So, we assure you that we give the best guidance in developing any sort of WBAN PhD/MS project. For your information, we have also listed a few creative research ideas for a good WBAN topic.
Project Ideas in WBAN
- M-Health Applications and Benefits for Covid-19 Pandemic
- Evaluation of Behavioral Interventions Solutions
- Affordable Patient Care Solutions
- Crowdsourcing assisted healthcare applications
- Energy Aware IoT based Health Informatics Models
- Wearable Sensor based Personal Health Tracking System
- Modernizations in Mobile Health for Newborn Health System
- Decentralized Point-of-care Medical Diagnostic Solutions
- Machine learning approaches for health informatics
- Role of Internet of Things (IoT) in Health Informatics
- New Developments in Tele-Health Application
- Multi-modal Data Fusion in Medical Applications
- Secure Blockchain based Heath Record Dissemination
- Medical Image/Signal Processing and Analysis for Disorder Detection
- Artificial Intelligence in Patient Health Monitoring System
- Impact of Natural Language Processing (NLP) in E-Health Records
Next, we have given you a few important communication technologies that are used in WBAN system developments. For your ease, we have classified it into two categories: Inter-body communication and Intra-body communication. Let’s see a few of them as follows,
WBAN Communication Technologies
- Inter-Body Communication
- 5G beyond and 6G
- 4G and 4.5G
- Intra-Body Communication
- UWB and Zigbee healthcare 1.0
- IEEE 802.16n
- IEEE 802.16.1a
- IEEE 802.11ax
As mentioned earlier, now we can see about the Ns-3 simulator. It is the extension of the NS2 network simulator. Compare to NS2, NS3 has high-end services with advanced modules, system design, entities, libraries, etc. Below, we have mentioned to you three primary modules in the NS3 architecture. The NS3 architecture of our system consists of 3modules:
- WBAN Topology: It forms the network that interconnects nodes, models and net devices for mutual communication. Also, it assigns IP address for installed devices.
- DataSrc. It sense and gather the real-time health information from embedded medical and wearable devices (Aps and eNBs)
- Coordinator / Monitor. It regulates the flow of real-time collected packets and aggregates the packets to monitor the current health status.
For illustration purposes, we have taken the “handover” process as a sample. Here, we can see how the process takes place before and after network simulation in the following,
- Before Simulation
- Topology – Create the topology with several network entities and establish the communication among entities
- During Simulation
- DataSrc – gather the network state and data
- Handover – execute the network selection event
- Monitor – get the real-time packet of network
So far, we have discussed some WBAN communication technologies and architecture, sample simulation processes. Now, we can see the important parameters for the WBAN system to measure the efficiency of the system after simulation/execution. For instance, UWB based WBAN simulation using NS3 is described below,
NS3 Wireless Body Area Network Simulation Parameters
- Power Utilization Metrics
- UWB receive – 16 mA
- UWB transmit – 2mW
- Sleep Mode – 0.2 mW
- Narrowband receive – 3.1 mA
- General Simulation Metrics
- Frequency of UWB– 3.5-4.5 GHz
- Total count of patients – 7
- Frequency of Narrow band– 433.05-434.79 MHz
- Quantity of wearable sensor nodes (periodic) / patient – 3
- Quantity of implantable sensor nodes (periodic) / patient – 1
- Quantity of implantable sensors node (continuous) / patient – 1
Next, we can discuss the unique characteristics that bind up with the NS3 simulator for wireless in-body and out-body networks. In order to achieve the precise results in the WBAN projects, the following special features are included in NS3 in default.
Latest Features of NS3 for WBAN
- Include OFDM technology for WiFi to communicate with BAN data
- Simple to create the model for time-varying channel condition in dynamic BAN developments
- Comprises CSV reader class (node position) and new length class (distance unit)
- TCP CUBIC congestion and alignment to control the behavior of ECN and Linux
- Easy to include Wi-Fi 802.11ax standard in physical layer for HE RU and HE MU
- Provisioned with advance custom based MPI which includes bug-fixers for distributed simulation
- On using link simulation, easy to new error rate models for Wi-Fi
- LR-WPAN models to compare between IPv6 datagrams (RFC6282 and RFC4944)
For your reference, our experts have given the procedure to carry out the simulation process in NS3 Wireless Body Area Network Projects. These steps are commonly for general WBAN application further they may vary based on the requirements of the application.
Steps for NS3 WBAN Simulation
- At first, import necessary files and modules
- Then, create the required number of WBAN nodes
- Next, create the essential models and net devices in the PHY and MAC layers
- After that, create the link between the net devices for network formation
- Then, install and configure protocol stack
- Later, set the tracing, routing and simulation time (start and end)
- At last, start to run the simulation
When we discuss the WBAN development, it is necessary to know the important packages that are already developed for simplifying the code works. So, our development team has given you some primary source packages which are included as header files in the project that are stored in “src” folder of the project.
NS3 Header Files Support for WBAN Projects
Further, we have also given you some significant modules that you incorporate in the WBAN project for collecting packet information, plotting the graphs, animation effect of output, tracking of nodes, and more.
How does NS3 Simulation works for WBAN?
- It takes data of trace files as the input and generates the plotted graph accordingly. In comparison with other graph tools, it is simple to produce a graph with precise results.
- Body Sensors Tracing:
- In order to observe the route of the nodes, trace files are produced. It helps to track the route for identifying the volume of data that send and received.
- Pcap file:
- In order to get and record the live packets information, pcap API is generated by NS3. So that, it can get packet size, IP address (source and destination), sequence number, etc. For instance: Wireshark creates pcaps to analyze the network.
- Network Animator is abbreviated as NetAnim. It represents the network in an animated format which signifies how the real network sense and transmits the health data between nodes.
On the whole, we are glad to support you in both research and development in the field of ns3 wireless body area network projects. We assure you that our service is always unique and best compare to others in all respects.