In general, Ns3 is denoted as the significant open source network simulators and the raw NS is determined as the discrete event simulator which is targeted with the networking research and Ns3 is considered as the second version of network simulator (NS).
The second version of Ns3 which exists and extensively deployed in the academic research and it is functional with several packages over various non-benefit groups. C++ and Tcl script language along with the object oriented extensions developed in MIT (OTcl) are used for the process of programming. The Ns3 is deployed to separate the control path for the implementation and data path implementation. The event scheduler along with the fundamental network components are written in data path and complied through the utilization of C++ for the event processing time and reduction of packets. OTcl is functioning with some features that include C++ lacks and these two languages are combined for the demonstration of effective process.
In addition, C++ is utilized by the users for the initiation of event scheduler and that sets up with the network topology, guiding the traffic source about the start and stop of sending packets over the event scheduler process. The scenes are been altered through the process of programming based on OTcl script and Ns3 is supportive for the following elements such as.
- Win 7
- Windows Vista
- Win-dows XP
- Mac OS X
- FreeBS D
- GNU and Linux
Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Mobile ad hoc network is abbreviated as MANET and it is popularly known as wireless ad hoc network and ad hoc wireless network. It is commonly functioning in the routable networking environment for the top and link layer ad hoc network. It includes the set of mobile nodes that are wirelessly connected with the self-healing network and self-configured network without including any fixed structural design. There might be the regular alterations in network topology about the MANET nodes moving freely.
As per the characteristics of simulation, the fundamental components are functional for designing the mobile ad hoc network which includes the additional components such as communication model, random topology and node configuration. The mobility model includes the node based on mobility from one location to another location and that is permit able for the utilization of some keywords such as setdest based on tool command language script (TCL). There are particular functions based on target location of nodes and they are y coordinate and x coordinate with the speed. In addition, the nodes are configured over the components such as.
- Antenna type
- Topography object
- Link layer
- Interface queue
- Ad hoc routing protocol
- Medium access control (MAC) protocol
- Radio propagation model
- Networking interface
The dynamic topology is functional for the neighbors in all the node variations based on the location and particular node. The ad hoc network includes some nodes for the process of communication through the utilization of some communication models. There are some movements that are functional for the nodes based mobile network within the confine area in 500mx500m along with some pause time about 3 seconds. The data transmission is considered as the establishment among some nodes over CBR traffic and UDP agent. The intermediation of routers is forwarded with some packets that are generated through some nodes in destination. Consequently, our research professionals have highlighted some source code that is utilized for the process of configurations.
#Fixing the co-ordinate of simulation area
set val(x) 500
set val(y) 500
# Define options
set val(chan) Channel/WirelessChannel ;# channel type
set val(prop) Propagation/TwoRayGround ;# radio-propagation model
set val(netif) Phy/WirelessPhy ;# network interface type
set val(mac) Mac/802_11 ;# MAC type
set val(ifq) Queue/DropTail/PriQueue ;#
interface queue type
set val(ll) LL ;# link layer type
set val(ant) Antenna/OmniAntenna ;# antenna model
set val(ifqlen) 50 ;# max packet in ifq
set val(nn) 2 ;# number of mobilenodes
set val(rp) AODV ;# routing protocol
set val(x) 500 ;# X dimension of topography
set val(y) 500 ;# Y dimension of topography
set val(stop) 10.0 ;# time of simulation end
# set up topography object
set topo [new Topography]
$topo load_flatgrid $val(x) $val(y)
In addition, our research professionals have years of experience in this field online network simulator Ns3 and the following is about the general characteristics of Tcl scripting in Ns3.
- It is not required for the data type declaration with various prior for the usage
- Tcl is functioning in all the platforms including Mac, Unix, Windows
- Simplicity is considered as the strong point of Tcl
Supporting Tools with Ns3
- It is about plotting programs that are deployed for the creation of graphical representation in simulation results and it is required for permitting the primary animations of data sets. The animation is providing pages over the data sets with the order that is loaded and it is quite crude and deployed with all the data sets in one file in time order in the uniform intervals and the code is taking some derivations based on numerical data with the novel window in XGraph
- Network animator
- The network animator is abbreviated as NAM which is related to the TCL based animation tool used to review the real traces of packet data and traces of network simulation. NAM is utilized to generate the trace file which includes the topological information such as packet, nodes and link traces. It is functional as the process of trace file generation, reading NAM, topology creation, pop up window, required layout and pausing time that about the first packet in the trace file. In addition, NAM is providing the control through various aspects of animation through the user interface and animation with the building blocks such as
So far we have discussed about the details of simulation and supporting tools and etc. Now, it’s time of grab some knowledge about the functionalities of online network simulator Ns3 and they are used to analyze the research process with the assistance of our research experts. Below, we have mentioned the detailed list of research characteristics.
- Diffserv emulation
- Intserv emulation
- Queuing disciplines
- Traffic sources
- Transport protocols
- Multicast and for wireless Ad hoc routing (AODV and DSDV)
- Link state (LS)
- Distance vector (DV)
Execution of .TCL File in Ns3
The .TCL file includes the network simulation code and that is implemented through the steps that are mentioned in the following. In addition, the user has to implement the Ns2 installation as successful process with open terminal and that is processing the following command. “./ns filename.tcl” is the command used for the files such as .nam and .tr to create the directory of .TCL file.
The result is interpreted with the form of animation through the functions of the command “./nam filename.nam”.
Finally, the results are in the numerical form which is required to open the .tr file in the process of edition using the command, “./gedit filename.tr”.
It’s time to discuss about the developed research topics in online network simulator Ns3 through our research expert’s knowledge for the reference of research scholars.
Dissertation Topics in Online Network Simulator Ns3
- Deep reinforcement learning based service oriented resource allocation in smart grids
- Efficient resource allocation scheme in multi user WiFi networks based on angle oriented transceiver
- Continuous time distributed proximal gradient algorithms for non-smooth resource allocation over general digraphs
- Cooperative resource allocation for computation offloading in mobile edge computing networks
- Learning power allocation for multi cell multi user systems with heterogeneous graph neural network
If you are looking for consistent and trustworthy research guidance in online network simulator Ns3 along with on time project delivery, then reach us and team up with our research experts for the best research results. We provide 24/7 customer support and in depth research knowledge for the research scholars. The research scholars can contact us for more references in online network simulator Ns3.